Nutrition Guidance for “Recovery”
Recovery between sessions and/or between matches is essential if performance at the next session or match is to be maximised. The recovery may be a matter of a few hours or the next day or a matter of a few days. The guidelines below, using Nutrition X products, should help with ensuring suitable recovery.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
- Get carbohydrate and protein and fluid within 30 minutes after a session/match. THIS IS A MUST – unless you are fat burning (in which case forget the carbs for about an hour – so using Pro X Elite would be useful).
- You need about 1.2-1.5g of carbs per kg body weight IF you have done a very hard session
- You need about 0.5 g of Protein per kg body weight.
- Drink about a 1.5 litres of fluid per kg body weight lost during the session (this means getting used to weighing yourself before and after training). This is where we recommend Hydra 10.
- MRM contains the correct mix of carbs to Protein – and of course you make it up with water. We would suggest taking both MRM and Hydra 10.
- IF you have another session in the day you could either eat foods containing carbs and protein or have another serving of MRM after about 90 minutes.
- IF you are recovering from a match or event and have another one in a couple of days, we would strongly recommend Cell X Elite in combination with MRM after the match or event and at least twice a day for the next 2 days. This is because the addition of creatine helps load muscle carbs faster than carbohydrates alone.
- An alternative strategy would be to use Ultimate, which has carbs, protein and creatine.
- IF you want to maintain or increase muscle mass but keep fat low, then the choice would be Pro X Elite.